April is ICBA Community Banking Month, and we are excited to celebrate the nation’s more than 6,000 community banks and their vital role in strengthening local communities. Community bankers, state and regional partners, along with consumers, entrepreneurs, farmers and thought leaders can participate in the festivities by showing support for community banks across the nation. Check out a list of ways to participate and get involved. Share your celebrations on social media with the hashtag and we will re-share!
1. Send an op-ed to local media to educate your community about the importance of banking locally. Community banks and state and regional partners can also send a news release to local media (located in the Resources list below). For ICBA’s Community Banking Month marketing ideas, click here.
2. Take a selfie in front of your community bank or with your community banker and post it on social media with the hashtag #BankLocally. (Hint: Make it fun!)
3. Share ICBA’s “Who are Community Banks” infographic on your website and on your social media channels.
4. Participate in our Community Banking Month Google+ Hangout and Twitter chat with Experian. Save the date: Thursday, April 16 from 4-5 p.m. (Eastern time).
5. Check out www.banklocally.org and find a community bank near you!
Also stay tuned to our social media channels as we profile a community bank a day every weekday in the month of April. We will also be asking community banking trivia questions.